I have wrote 34 blogs since December 1st and today is my 35th blog for this month. This blog is the last blog of the year and I am thankful for blogging. I am thankful for every one of my followers. I am thankful for all the followers that hit the like buttom my blogs. I’m even more thankful for the followers that are consistent in leaving me comments on my blogs. It means a lot to me that their are bloggers out there that appreciate my content so I wanna give a special thank you to my consistent followers that are consistent in reading and leaving comments on my blogs. I won’t mention names but there are about 15 of you that I really appreciate from the bottom of my heart and those 15 followers gave me the motivation to open up and to work hard to upload 35 blogs this month. I am even more thankful that I was nominated for the Liebster award from five different bloggers. I think this might be my last blog until May. I think I am going to take a break from blogging for a while so I can focus on school. I’ve been working very hard blogging content and it’s taking time away from school and my other responsibilities. I will be around to give feedback but I will take a break from posting for a while that’s why I uploaded so much content this month to make up for the months of Januray to May
I give a special thanks to
I really appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. I decided I won’t accept the nomination but I appreciate this award and I will answer the questions that each of these bloggers left on their blogs for the nominees.
Mrs.Sharon Afriye Questions
Have you thought about quitting as a blogger and do something else?
I been blogging for four months and I am enjoying it so far and I haven’t thought about quitting whatsoever but I will be taking a break from blogging from January – May to focus on school
Have you thought about quitting what you’re currently doing and blogging full time?
It does cross my mind sometimes it does because blogging is something that I love to do. Studying for school get tedious and looking for a job after you graduate is another pain in the ass to the point you get tired of working hard. Blogging is a lot of work but blogging comes from the heart and I love it. I like school and I want my degree and I want a good career but every once in a while, sometimes I just rather start my own business such as blogging instead of working for a boss. I worked seven jobs and sometimes I get tired of working for a boss. I rather answer to myself but I don’t have these thoughts often, just once in a while.
Do you ever experience writer’s block and how do you deal with it when you do?
Of course I experience writer block. One time, I wrote a poem about having writers block. I use to try and force myself to write poetry but now I just let it come to me. Another words, when a bad situations approaches me, I overthink very hard and when I start overthinking, I write my thoughts down in poetry format. Also I read other poems and watch spoken word on youtube to give me motivation
When you seem to have no time, how do you make the time to keep blogging?
I set a schedule at night before I go to bed or through out the day when I have nothing to do, I will write a poem and upload it before midnight
Would you ever quit blogging and what would make you quit?
As of now, I have no thoughts to quit blogging as of now. I don’t know how I would feel in the future, but the only way I will quit blogging is if I become a famous poet.
- Describe yourself in one word.
- If you would be an animal for one day, what would you be? Why?
- If it’s the end of the world, what are you going to do on the last day?
- You’ll be given a super power, teleport or fly? Which one will you choose? Why?
- If you will win 1 million pounds, list 5 things you will do immediately after getting the money.
- What song best describes your life?
- If there’s one dead person (famous or not) who will be given life again for a day, who would you like it to be? What are you going to tell or ask him/her?
- Name one food you will never eat. Will you change your mind and eat it if somebody will give you money in exchange of eating that food?
- How would you like your family or friends to remember you?
- If you will be given an immortal life, would you accept it or not? Why?
2. I would be a hawk because I would want to fly and I would want to be on top of the food chain.
3. I would go back to the hospital where I was born and I would pray all day and give my nephew my poems.
4. I would want to fly so I can be above everybody and see down below. Ever since I was a kid I always though flying was cool
5. I would save my money. I wouldn’t spend a dime. I would still keep working to save more money.
6. Good question I could name a lot. Tsu Surf ft Joe Budden conversations.
7. I would want to see Malcom X alive and I would love to spent the day with him. I would ask him where he got his confidence from, how does he feel about marriage in the bible since the bible states men are the head of the household, is he proud of black people in this generation, whats his favorite movie, and where he buy his suits from
8. I would never eat tuna fish. Only for a million dollars or more I would eat tuna fish
9. I would like my family and friends to remember me as being quiet, understanding, and reliable
10. As much as I would want to accept immortal life, I couldn’t accept. I was created as a human so I will die as a human. Only after death I would want to be immortal. Besides if someone was willing to offer me immortal life, I would think it’s a trick or a setup.
Harotian Essentials Questions
- How did you get into blogging?
- Was there anyone close to you that discouraged you from blogging? If so, how did you handle it?
- What inspires you to blog?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to become a blogger?
- What would you say are your best personality traits?
- What are your (5) favorite songs? Why?
- If you had one wish to better this better our world, what would it be and why? (Describe in 250 words or less)
- What are your favorite (3) quotes that inspires you to get through hard times?
- What would you like to accomplish through your blog?
1. It was random. I was looking at this girl’s Instagram and she had link which was a link to her blog. I read her blog and I was very interested and I wanted to learn about other people and give feedback and opinions so I decided to create a blog account on August 19th 2017.
2. No, none of my family members know that I have a blog website and I plan to keep it that way.
3. I been writing poetry for three years and I gave my poetry to family and close friends to read and they love my poems because they are relatable so relating to others is what inspires me to keep blogging
4. That’s a good question, I think I might be a famous blogger, I think my blogs may be in a magazine but I got a long way and a lot to learn about blogging.
5. I wrote a post about that Is It All About Likes/Comments When It Comes To Blogging? this post talks about the techniques to use and I provided some important pointers to all bloggers rather new bloggers or experienced bloggers
6. I guess I am understanding, considerate, unpredictable, but sometimes I think this is a disadvantage as well.
7. conversations – tsu ft Joe budden, the ghetto – beanie sigel, black love – Papoose ft. Nathaniel, Ride for my n*ggas – Beanie sigel, Unborn child – tupac
8. A couple of things to better this world. I would find a way to help the ghetto. In fact what I would do is have the ghetto and the rich switch places for a year so the rich can see what it’s like in the ghetto and how hard it is because a lot of rich people(not all) were handed everything and yet look down on the poor. I would want to show the ghetto that life is unfair and nothing is guaranteed but you can achieve better things in life through hard work and dedication. It won’t be easy but it’s possible and I would want to show to ghetto that the rich is not perfect and they too have hardships as well maybe not financially but they too have hard times.
9. The first two quotes are quotes that I made up, “Jealously is more common than loyalty”, “Never apologize for something that’s not you fault” and this quote I don’t remember word for word but this is by Tsu Surf ” Disappointments are guaranteed when you give a fuck”
10. By time time next year, I hope to have 1000 followers.
1. What ever made you to consider blogging?
2. What’s your fuel for blogging.
3. How do you think your blog is helpful to others.
4. How like is the the response from your following and fans?
5. How different do you think is the art of blogging and writing from other creative arts?
1. Was looking at this girl’s Instagram and I clicked on a link which led to her blogging account. I read some of her blogs and I got addicted and I was curious to learn about other bloggers plus I had a lot to share
2. My fuel for blogging comes from God, then it comes from other bloggers and my followers. A select few of my followers gives me motivation to continue to blog.
3. I feel like my blog is very releatable because I talk about situations that I have or what others been through and some of my blogs are lessons for people to learn
4. I average about 30 likes and 2 comments on my blogs as a total
5. I feel like with blogging I am in control in which I can voice my opinion and talk about any topic I want to talk about
- Have you thought about quitting as a blogger and do something else?
- Have you been faced with a stubborn reader that insists you should delete your blog post because he/she doesn’t think it is appropriate?
- If you were to choose between blogging and being paid $1m what would be your choice?
- What is your most liked blog post that your readers loved?
- What is your greatest challenge as a blogger?
I been only blogging for four months and I love blogging and I have no interest in quitting but I will be taking 4 months off from blogging
I have not been faced with a stubborn reader that suggested I should delete my blog post but I have dealt with annoying bloggers and annoying comments
I would rather continue blogging because I blog about my personal thoughts and what’s in my heart and you can’t put a price on my thoughts or what’s inside my heart
My most liked post that readers love was I Love All Women (but this is for the black women) . Only blog with more than 70 likes
My greatest challenge so far was the month of December. I decided that I was going to upload every single day exposing my deepest thoughts. It was hard trying to keep up with a schedule. On my Am I A False Prophet? blog, I told my bloggers all the content I would be uploading on each day of December and most of the blogs I wrote from scratch. I just randomly picked topics I decided to talk about. For the average blogger, that read the top of my “Am I A False Prophet?” it seemed liked I had a plan, but I was just going with the flow.
I have meet all kinds of different bloggers and I wish I could meet some of you person. I never realized how much love I would have for blogging. I wish I didn’t have to take this break but I have alot things to handle in my personal life. I will still be around to from to time but I won’t be as consistent in giving feedback on other’s blogs and I definitely won’t be posting anymore content no time soon. I wish everybody luck and Happy New Years
Questions to think about
1) Do you believe in New Years Resolutions? Me personally I don’t, I don’t need to wait until a new year approaches to make goals. New Year Resolutions are overrated
2) For those of you like myself that lives in New York, do you want to stay in New York forever or do you want to move down south? Me personally, I would like to move down south where it’s more quiet. New York is too crowded
3) Was 2017 a good year for you and did you accomplish alot? One accomplishment for me was I did started a blogging and that was huge to me but to be honest, 2017 was a set back. This wasn’t the best year. To tell you the truth, I don’t know if I ever had a good year. I always feel like I can do better but maybe I’m just my worst critic
4) What’s the big lesson that you learned this month? I learned that if you have kids and a wife/husband, keep them off of social media and don’t mix family with business because if you have an enemy on social media that knows you and your family, they will use your family against you and say something about your kids. One guy called this other guy’s daughter a ugly bitch. He did that because the other guy was posting text messages and naked pics of his wife and exposing his wife for cheating
5) Why do you think people kill other people for the smallest, dumbest reasons? Well I think addiction is very powerful an being addicted to anything can corrupt a person’s mind
6) Have you lied to somebody recently? I lied to somebody yesterday. I was wrong but here’s why I did it. This guy is a nice guy an we did bible study together in school. Now that school is out, he want me to go to his church on Saturday for worship. He texted me on December 23rd which was a Saturday “Okay, see if you can come to a service this Saturday to continue your study and to receive God’s blessing before the new year” I told him I couldn’t make it but I will try to attend service next Saturday. So he texted me the time of service. On Christmas day, which was a Monday, I texted him “Merry Christmas” and I didn’t get a reponse. He didn’t respond until 3 days later. I’m not so annoyed that it took him 3 days to respond but it was how he responded. His words were “Hey David, how are you?, I’m looking forward to see you on Saturday. Even though a some snow maybe scheduled to fall that should not stop you right…lol” that comment got me annoyed because first of all it took you three days to respond to my text and when you did respond, you don’t apologize for the late reply or even say merry Christmas or ask about how my Christmas was but yet you want to invite me to church with you. Everything is just about business. Where was he for three days when I texted him “Merry Christmas” on the 25th. Now that we getting closer to Saturday, all of a sudden wants to hit me up asking me wondering if I’m still going to church. So I lied and said I had an emergency at home and I can’t make it. The problem that I have with church is alot of members in the church want attention and only concern is increasing the population of the church. That’s fine but you should be a little understanding towards the members of the church. Give people breathing room and allow them to go to church when they are ready. Stop pressuring members to join the choir, to join the usher board, to join the drama club. The church will do everything in their power to be on top of you to make sure that you are going to church but won’t give you a call, won’t say happy birthday, won’t do you any favors. Church members are friendly with you inside the church, but once they leave they building you won’t hear from them unless it’s something to do with the church. The church need to stop pressuring people and learn to get to know your members not just on a spiritual level but relate to them and have conversations about them regarding politics, sports, relationships, problems at work. Not only you pray and give them bible scriptures to read but help them and try to give them advice. Damn I could of made a blog about this lol
One important thing I learned from blogging is to never apologize for your content. I won’t say any names but on my “I will never forget my 25th birthday post part2” two people told me to never apologize for my content being too long. Your followers are here to read your blog becuase they want too and if they feel like it’s too long, then they can leave. I want to say thank to the two bloggers that told me this on my “I will never forget my 25th birthday part 2” post. In fact I thank all the bloggers that read that post and leave comments. I really really want to thank all the bloggers that read, liked, left a comment on my “Who Am I” post becuase I really shared alot of personal stuff on that blog and the comments really movatived me and gave me the strength to do better, not just in blogging but I’m my life as well. I wasn’t even expecting people to comment on that blog.
Anyway I think I said enough and I will miss uploading blogs for the next 4 months but I will still be here to give feedback and learn from each and every one of you. In a way I will still be present becuase I will still be here to read your blogs and give feedback for the next four months, the only thing is I won’t upload another post until May so I can focus on my personal life. I uploaded 124 blogs since August and I am tired and a little worn out so I meed a break. I tried my hardest to entertain my bloggers. Can’t lie sometimes I wish I can make a career from blogging becuase blogging is where I’m free mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. But I can’t rely on thing to make me happy so that’s why I need this break. But most of all my real happiness comes from learning from you bloggers and reading your content.Hopefully when I come back in May, my writing will develop and my mind will have expanded. I don’t give advice but I will say this to all bloggers, always blog from your heart no matter how dark, corny, sad, annoying your thoughts may be. It’s your blog and your free to talk about what you want and remember nobody will appreciate your content or blog like the way you do except God(unless you don’t believe God). Take care everbody
For the followers that will miss me, I will still be here I just won’t post no content that’s all and this blog was a blog expressing my gratitude.