I will be turning 30 on June 22nd and I must says my 20’s was my most stressful times. I pray that my 30’s will be a lot better than my 20’s. In this post, I will be making a list of all the tings that I have learned over the past 10 years.
The top three things, people will judge you by is how much money you make, where you live, and who you having sex with.
- What I learned about money is making a lot of money is the goal but saving your money is more impressive because a lot of celebrities that were in their prime in the 80’s and 90’s are broke now.
- Being from the hood don’t make you tough, and being from the suburbs don’t mean your safety is guaranteed at all times. Some neighborhoods are worst than others but crime is everywhere.
- Sex is your personal business, so never volunteer to tell people how many people you have sex with, who you having sex with, and how many one night stands you had. Don’t let other people make you feel guilty about your sex life because most of the time, people that judge you and criticize you are usually jealous of you.
Parents and a lot of your elders will tell you that you are too young to be stressed or you don’t know how good you got it.
- Nobody loves like the way your parents do. Your parents are older and wiser than you so you should always respect their advice but you have to do what makes you happy.
- In this generation, it’s harder to find love, the cost of living is more expensive, and the requirements/standards to find entry level jobs are much higher which makes it harder to find good career jobs.
- Parents can be the biggest bullies and hypocrites. Parents will try to live through their dreams through their children but all this does is make your children resent you more. Parents should be good parents and treat their kids with respect because your kids might be all you have when you get old.
I have always been taught that black people are the most divided race and black people never stick together
- Black people are only noticed for their violence and ignorance, but there are hardworking black people, that find true love, get married, have children and live happily ever after.
- Big difference between black people and niggas but every race have the people that demonstrate class and people that demonstrate ignorance. Ignorance is not based on a person’s skin, but on a person’s character.
- Interracial relationships and marriages is a beautiful thing because I love to see people being happy by following their hearts. So always follow your heart, listen to your mind, and use common sense and you will find the right person. Never judge a person that dates outside their race and never make a person feel bad for only wanting to date within their race. Love is an emotion without color.
Things that I learned in my 20’s that I didn’t understand as a child
- I learned that reading can stimulate your mind but you won’t truly master your craft until you can apply what you read to experience.
- Fast food is addictive but it does harm to your mind and body because it can decrease your sex drive, make you body tired, and possibly lower your confidence.
- Popularity is a phase and is only overrated if you only became popular by trying to be somebody your not. Once people get use to your presence, as time ages, people forget your presence existed in the first place. But being popular by being yourself, working hard, and helping people for the right reason will make your popularity last a lifetime. It is possible as well to be popular just by being yourself.
- Boring and lonely is the new popularity and trend in this generation. Even the most popular people feel lonely and goes through depression.
- Being celebrity feels like the life from a distance, but up close and in person, being a celebrity is one of the biggest pressures you can go through because not living up to the expectations of your fans can end your career.
- When you watch porn all the time, sex in real life feels so overrated.
- Believe it or not, women are freakier than men, and in this generation women are more straight forward and honest and not afraid to express their opinions regarding sex,but still women hate perverts lol. I use to be surprised whenever I met a girl that was so straight forward expressing her feelings on her sexual needs because as a child, I was always thought that women didn’t like sex.
- You don’t need to go to college become successful. Some of the most successful people were high school or college dropouts.
- Being a teen parent is not a goal to achieve as a child growing up, but never judge a teen parent because some of them still work their asses of to make something out of themselves. You have people in this world that have no kids and still make all the excuses in the world do not do anything with their lives.
- No matter how old you get, you will always makes mistakes, you will always have a weakness, and ten years goes by fast.